2018/2019 BUDGET PROCESS
The Richmond School District is committed to engaging the community as we prepare the 2018/2019 Annual Budget. The Board values the support of the Richmond community and has developed an inclusive process to ensure the community is informed and involved in the budget process.
The Board is committed to ensuring that the district's educational programs and services continue to be maintained. Given the fiscal challenges of balancing the 2018/2019 budget, the Board will seek input from its stakeholders and members of the public on budget priorities.
The Board will be meeting with and gathering information from the public and stakeholder groups. Members of the community are welcome to submit ideas and suggestions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the Office of the Secretary Treasurer, Board of Education of School District No. 38, 7811 Granville Avenue, Richmond, BC V6Y 3E3. The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, May 16, 2018.
There will be special public budget meetings on Thursday May 10, 2018. You are welcome to attend either:
- 1:30pm – 3:30pm in the School District Administration Office, 7811 Granville Avenue
- 7:00pm - 9:00pm at Richmond Secondary, 7171 Minoru Blvd
A copy of the presentation from the public budget meeting hosted on May 10, 2018 is available here.
If you would like to make a presentation at either of these meetings, please register with the office of the Secretary-Treasurer by phone at 604-668-6008, or by email at If you would like to make a presentation at either of these meetings, please register with the office of the Secretary-Treasurer by phone at 604-668-6008, or by email at
2018/2019 KEY BUDGET TIMELINES
- Provincial Government 2018/2019 Budget Announcement – February 20
- Ministry of Education 2018/2019 Preliminary Operating Grant Announcement – March 15
- 2018/2019 Base Budget received by the Board of Trustees – April 25
- Budget Guiding Principles received by the Board of Trustees for approval – April 25
- Preliminary budget proposals received and presented to the Board of Trustees – April 25
- Public Budget meeting to receive input on preliminary budget proposals – May 10
- Board of Trustee deliberations and decision on budget proposals – May 23
- 2018/2019 Annual Budget By-Law approval – June 13