The Richmond School District's Board of Education gathered valuable information from the public during its consultation on the Long Range Facilities Plan (LRFP) from February – June 2019. Subsequent to the approval of the LRFP, district staff reviewed all school catchments and identified opportunities to align boundaries, reduce the number of major road crossings, and develop options to reduce the number of split-feeder elementary schools.
The District is now beginning the next phase of facilities planning. It is important to note that families that have a child currently attending a school with a proposed school boundary revision will:
- not be affected by the boundary revision,
- have the choice to remain at the school in their current catchment or transfer to a school in their newly proposed catchment,
- have the choice to enrol any siblings in their current catchment or their newly proposed catchment.
Who is affected?
As of September 2020, all new students living in an adjusted catchment area will be part of the newly formed catchment.
If you have any feedback, please respond by November 15, 2019 by providing your comments on the Let's Talk website (https://www.letstalksd38.ca/proposed-school-boundary-revisions) or by submitting written feedback to your school. The Board of Education is committed to a robust consultation process and will:
- Authentically engage in an inclusive and meaningful way;
- be accountable to maintain and grow our relationships in an honest, transparent, and responsible way;
- and listen in order to make decisions that are best for our students.
All comments will be considered prior to the Board of Education making a decision on the proposed boundary revisions on December 11, 2019.
2019年2月至6月期间关于长远设施规划（Long Range Facilities Plan, LRFP）的公众咨询为列治文学区的教育委员会提供了极为有价值的信息。在长远设施规划经批准之后，学区工作人员审阅了所有学校的校区分界，确认了有关校区边界划分、减少主要道路交通口数量，并发展方案用以减少多选生源小学的数量。
- 可以选择按照目前的校区分界升学, 或按照新校区分界申请转学去新校区内的学校，
2020年9月起，居住在新校区分界的所有 新生 入学申请, 将按照新校区分界分配入学。