On March 17, the Ministry of Education directed all schools to immediately suspend in-class instruction until further notice. In an attempt to address parent questions, the district will post updated information on our website as it becomes available.
Messages from the Superintendent
- May 19, 2020 – (PDF)
- May 12, 2020 – (PDF)
- April 20, 2020 – (PDF)
- April 3, 2020 – (PDF)
- March 27, 2020 – (PDF)
- March 17, 2020 – (PDF)
- March 13, 2020 – (PDF)
- March 9, 2020 – (PDF)
- February 7, 2020 – (PDF)
- January 29, 2020 – (PDF)
Messages from the Board of Education
Statements from the Provincial Health Officer & Minister of Health
Up-to-date information, including joint statements from the Provincial Health Officer and Minister of Health, are posted on the Government of B.C. website at https://news.gov.bc.ca/ministries/health.
Continuity of Learning
Teachers, educational assistants, support staff and administration are developing and planning a variety of ways to support your child's learning during these uniquely complex times. Read more…
All Richmond School District playgrounds, sports courts, and playing fields are closed until further notice. This measure is necessary to respond to public health authority recommendations for practicing social distancing.
BC’s Provincial Health Officer recommends the following to reduce the risk of novel coronavirus, colds and flu:
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds using soap and water.
- If a sink is not available, alcohol-based hand rubs (ABHR) can be used to clean hands if they are not visibly soiled. If they are visibly soiled using a wipe and then ABHR is effective.
- Do not touch your face/eyes/mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough with a disposable tissue or the crease of your elbow.
Health Care Services
The Provincial Health Officer advises anyone who is concerned that they may have been exposed to or is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 to contact their primary care provider or call 811. Translation services for 811 are available in more than 130 languages. The Government of BC has also established a non-medical information hotline at 1-888-COVID19. Additionally, you can use the COVID-19 self-assessment tool by visiting https://covid19.thrive.health/.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Ministry of Education: Frequently Asked Questions on Continuity of Learning
- BC’s Restart Plan - K to 12 Return to School
Have a question?
In an attempt to provide clarity to system-level questions that impact the whole school district, parents are welcome to submit system-level questions regarding COVID-19. School-level questions should be submitted directly to your school principal and classroom-level questions should be submitted directly to your child’s teacher. The district will collate all system-level questions and provide responses as soon as possible.
- Keep Learning - Open School BC: Suggestions for parents/caregivers to keep their children learning at home
- Strategies for parents and guardians to support children through stressful circumstances
- Public Health Guidance for K-12 School Settings
- BC Centre for Disease Control: COVID-19
- Province of BC: Safe and Healthy Schools
Essential Service Workers