NOTE: For Early French Immersion Kindergarten or Grade 1; and Late French Immersion Grade 6
Step One – Register Your Child For School
Your child must first be registered for school with the Richmond School District before you can submit an application form for the French Immersion Program. If you need to register your child, please visit the
Registration Information page on this website before proceeding with the application process below.
Step Two – Complete A District Program Options Application Form
Application Period - November 1 and November 30
- The parent/legal guardian will go to the school where their child is currently registered or attending to request and complete a
District Program Options Application Form for their child for the neighbourhood Kindergarten program (even if they are a sibling of a child already in the French Immersion Program). If you already have a sibling in the French Immersion program, you must complete and submit an application form before the deadline.
- The District Program Options application will be verified by your neighbourhood school. Once verified, the application form will be given a school stamp, and initialed and dated by the school.The legal guardian must then hand-deliver the verified form to the Central Registration Desk, located at the Board Office at 7811 Granville Avenue, Richmond, BC
- The legal guardian must hand-deliver the verified form to the Central Registration Desk, located at the Board Office at 7811 Granville Avenue, Richmond, BC no later than
January 25, 2019, 4:00 p.m.
Applications Between December 1, 2018 and January 25, 2019
The parent/legal guardian must download and complete the
District Program Options Application Form and submit to the Central Registration Office. This office is located at the Richmond School District Administration Building, 7811 Granville Avenue @ Minoru Blvd.
Late applications, including siblings, received after the deadline will be added to the end of the wait list that will be created from the placement process. Late applications must be verified at the Central Registration Office.
Notification of Placement
Parents should email
ProgramOptions@sd38.bc.ca if they have not received notification by February 9, 2019. Please do not call as results will not be given over the phone.
Confirmation of Acceptance
- Parents are required to respond by email with their acceptance or refusal of placement or waitlist.
- Parent responses are due February 12, 2019, 9:00 a.m. After this date unclaimed spaces will be offered to those on the waitlist.
Please also read the "Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" section below for additional helpful information.