How do I ensure that I receive e-mails from the Program Options office?
All correspondence such as information concerning your child's placement are done via e-mail. You should set your computer's anti-spam filter (if applicable) to accept emails from ProgramOptions@sd38.bc.ca You should also add this e-mail address to your email contact list or address book. This will ensure that your email provider and computer does not reject emails coming from this e-mail address.
Are there important dates to remember for the registration process?
Yes, please see Important Dates to Note.
I wish to send in an application form but I'm not sure how exactly because of the special situation. What should I do?
- Siblings – Priority is given to placing students whose older sibling is already in the same program at the same school in the same school year. You must submit a District Program Options application before the deadline.
- Children Currently Attending a Richmond School District School – For children already registered and attending a Richmond School District school and wishing to enter for the first time into Montessori, please follow the instructions shown in the section, “The Application Process”.
- Applying For Children Currently Attending a Private/Independent School In Richmond – Students currently attending a private school but wish to District Program Options must first register at the appropriate catchment school with the required documents as outlined on the Registration Information page.
- Applying For Twins – One ballot will be entered into a draw for family with twins. If drawn, both children will be offered places in the program at the same school. Parents/legal guardians will be contacted in the event there is insufficient space for both children.
- Applying For Non-Richmond Resident Students – Non-Richmond resident students register at the Central Registration office with documents stated in the section, "How to Enroll". Applications will be added to the end of the waitlist that will be created from the draw.
Is transportation provided for students in Montessori - District Program Options?
Parents are responsible to provide transportation for their children enrolled in District Program Options, which includes Montessori programs.
What happens if I register after the deadline?
The application will be accepted and placed at the end of the wait list.
How do the wait lists function?
Wait lists for Montessori Grades 1 to 4 will be dissolved on the third Friday of September at 4:00pm.
Wait lists for Montessori Kindergarten will be dissolved on the third Friday of December at 4:00pm.
We do not provide specific information as to location on the wait list or size of the wait list. Families will be contacted if a placement becomes available before that time.
Can I re-apply for District Program Options (Montessori)?
If you do not receive placement in Kindergarten at your Montessori school, you can re-apply for the draw the following school year for Grade 1, 2, 3, and 4.
Can I transfer my child who is currently enrolled in a Richmond School District Montessori school to another Montessori school in the district?
Transfer applications to another District Program Options (Montessori) school are NOT accepted for Montessori Kindergarten and Grade 1.
What if you decide to withdraw your child from the Montessori Program after accepting placement?
- Families who accept Montessori placement for their child are no longer registered at their local catchment school.
- Parents/legal guardians must re-register their child at Central Registration for their English catchment school.
- There is no guarantee there will be space at your local catchment school.
- It is the parent/legal guardian's responsibility to contact the District Program Options office by email at ProgramOptions@sd38.bc.ca.
- For more information about registration timelines, please visit the Registration Information page.
Please visit the Central Registration office at 7811 Granville Avenue, Richmond, for student registration and submitting District Program Options applications. Office hours 9:00am-3:00pm, Monday to Friday excluding statutory holidays.