NOTE: For Montessori Kindergarten to Grade 4
Step One – Register Your Child For School
Your child must first be registered for school with the Richmond School District before you can submit an application form for the French Immersion Program. If you need to register your child, please visit the Registration Information page on this website before proceeding with the application process below.
Step Two – Complete A District Program Options Application Form
Application Period - November 1, 2019 to January 24, 2020
- The parent/legal guardian will go to Central Registration to complete a District Program Options Application Form even if the child has a sibling already in the Montessori program.
- For the Montessori Application Form Click here
- The parent/legal guardian must hand-deliver the application form to the Central Registration Office, located at the Board Office at 7811 Granville Avenue, Richmond, BC no later than January 24, 2020, 4:00 p.m.
Late applications, including siblings, received after the deadline will be added to the end of the wait list that will be created from the placement process. Late applications must be verified at the Central Registration Office.
Notification of Placement
Parents should email ProgramOptions@sd38.bc.ca if they have not received notification by February 11, 2020. Please do not call as results will not be given over the phone.
Confirmation of Acceptance
- Parents are required to respond by email with their acceptance or refusal of placement.
- Parent responses are due February 14, 2020, 9:00 a.m. If we do not receive a response by this time the student will be moved to the bottom of the waitlist.
Please also read the "Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" section below for additional helpful information.