The finance department is responsible for preparing the district budget, controlling the collection and disbursement of funds, monitoring revenues and expenditures, preparing financial reports, and performing internal audits.
An inclusive process has been developed to ensure the community is informed and involved in the budget process.
Members of the community are welcome to submit ideas and suggestions by email to email@example.com or in writing to the Office of the Secretary-Treasurer, Board of Education of School District No. 38, 7811 Granville Avenue, Richmond, BC V6Y 3E3.
March 2020 – May 2020
- Ministry of Education 2020/2021 Operating Grant announced (March 13)
- Finalize 2020/2021 and Three-Year Base Budgets
- Provide budget updates and gather feedback and input through the Budget Advisory Working Group
- Gather stakeholder/public input/feedback on budget
- Budget information updates for stakeholders, trustees and public
- Finalize list of potential proposed budget adjustments
- Board consideration of stakeholder and public input and feedback (Committee of the Whole)
- Board deliberations on proposed budget adjustments
- Board approval of 2020/2021 Annual Budget (June 10)